The 10th webinar by the KIX EAP hub will be held on November 11, 2021 will discuss “Tools for Transformation: Advancing Early Learning through the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Accelerator Toolkit”. This webinar is organised in collaboration with UNICEF and GPE’s Better Early Learning and Development at Scale (BELDS) Initiative. The webinar will be conducted in English with interpretation into Arabic and Russian.
About the Webinar:
Failure to invest in quality Early Childhood Education (ECE) has left more than half of preschool-age children without adequate early learning support and the preparation they need to succeed. COVID-19 has further magnified the gaps, with prolonged closures, few avenues for remote learning or support to parents. In this webinar, we will discuss the tools that enable policymakers and implementers to take a system strengthening approach by integrating early childhood education at scale through Education Sector Plans and their implementation. The webinar will provide sufficient time for group discussion. Country participants are invited to share their own experiences on the webinar’s topic.
- Introduction of the ECE Accelerator Toolkit – a comprehensive, interactive suite of tools that is action-oriented and responsive to countries at different stages in Education Sector Planning (ESP) processes, variable capacities and political will to support early childhood education.
- Three country presentations (Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Sierra Leone) who are part of the KIX BELDS project.
Speakers and moderators:
- Ghazala M. Syed, BELDS KIX Project Coordinator, UNICEF
- Joa Keis, Early Childhood Education Specialist, UNICEF headquarters global Early Childhood Education Team
- Dr. Chinargul Dzhumagulova, Early Childhood Development Officer, UNICEF Kyrgyzstan
- Jamshed Kurbonov, Education Officer, UNICEF Tajikistan
- Melody Martin, Assistant Director of Pre-primary and Primary Education, Ministry of Basic and Senior Secondary Education, Sierra Leone
- Massey Tucker, Education Officer, UNICEF Sierra Leone
Anyone is eligible to participate. Professionals and experts who work in, or have an interest in, early childhood education and development are specially invited to attend the webinar. To be able to access the webinar, you need to register in advance.
You can register here.