On September 16, 2021, the Global Partnership for Education Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX) will take part in an event titled, Global Public Goods and the KIX initiative: Opportunities and Challenges of Knowledge Production and Uptake at the National Level. The proposed symposium gives the floor to different types of participants of the KIX hub for Europe-Asia-Pacific (EAP) which is managed by NORRAG. The presenters will engage in a reflection and lively discussion on the promise and realities of knowledge production, uptake, and dissemination in GPE partner countries of the EAP region. Participants include speakers from GPE, IDRC, NORRAG as well as three experts from four GPE partner countries that have been directly involved in the KIX initiative.
The 90-minute symposium will consist of a structured discussion on a few key questions collaboratively developed prior to the UKFIET conference. There will be three blocs of 20-minute presentations/discussions among the panelists. After each bloc, there will be a 10-minute open discussion with the audience to ensure active involvement of the audience.
The event is part of the UKFIET annual conference. The symposium will be chaired by Tricia Wind, Program Leader for the GPE Knowledge and Innovation Exchange at Canada’s International Development Research Centre. The presenters at this session will include:
- Chinargul Dzhumagulova, Early Childhood Development officer, UNICEF Kyrgyzstan and KIX National Steering Committee member for Kyrgyzstan
- Dochu Dochu, Chief Planning Officer, Ministry of Education, Bhutan & National KIX Coordinator for Bhutan
- Gita Steiner-Khamsi, Director of NORRAG and Professor at Teachers College, Columbia University & Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
- Ian Macpherson, Lead KIX, Global Partnership for Education, Washington, DC
- Margarita Lopez, Senior Program Specialist, KIX International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Ottawa
- Nargiza Kuchkarova, Director, Teacher Training Department, Cabinet of Ministries of the Republic of Uzbekistan & National KIX Coordinator for Bhutan
For information about the event, click here: https://ukfiet2021.exordo.com/programme/presentation/134