The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) invite proposals for applied research projects to generate and mobilize evidence in support of scaling the impact of innovative approaches that will strengthen education data systems and data use. This call focuses on GPE partner countries in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Pacific. This call is part of the Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX), a joint endeavour between IDRC and GPE.
Recent scoping studies identified three interrelated sub-themes as priorities:
- Expanding and integrating data sets to understand learners and promote gender equality, equity and inclusion
- Using platforms and tools to enhance data use
- Expanding uses and users of data, including for public accountability
The objectives of this call are to:
- Generate evidence about how to scale the impact of innovative approaches to address challenges of data systems and data use in education systems.
- Strengthen the capacities of relevant stakeholders to use that knowledge and innovation.
- Mobilize the evidence developed to improve policy and practice in education systems.
Selected proposals will be awarded grants ranging from:
- CA $300,000 - $500,000 for projects targeting impact in a single country;
- CA $800,000 - $1,500,000 for projects targeting impact in three or more countries with direct relevance to specific priorities in those countries; and
- Up to CA $2,500,000 for projects targeting impact more generally at a regional or global level, with grounded work in at least three countries, generating public goods such as toolkits or platforms.
The call is open for submissions from individual organizations, or consortia of up to three organizations. Please refer to the detailed call document to see the general eligibility criteria as well as the specific eligibility criteria for each of the three types of grants. To learn more about this funding opportunity and to apply, click here.
The deadline for submissions is July 17, 2023 (11:59PM EDT).